1.12.2010

Bike Training Pt.2

Another beautiful 75° California day. This ride felt longer and harder but it wasn't much more than last week. I had issues with the Every Trail iPhone app so I mapped this one on mapmyride.com when I got home. I still get a good map of my ride but I don't get all the stats, average speed and elevation etc.



Jan. 10 2010 - 42.22 Miles - 3 hours 15 minutes (includes breaks)

Food -
Before the ride I had one cup of coffee and one apple. On the bike I ate a half a package of Trader Joe's flattened bananas, and one black cherry almond Cliff bar. I didn't bonk out but I think I should have eaten more. Maybe that's why the ride felt a lot longer? Or the fact that I took 2 longer than usual rides home from work this week.

Music -

Ulver - Perdition City
This stuff is dark, ambient, trip hop, and so much more. This was great to start my ride with.

Dazzling Killmen - Face of Collapse
A great mid-west math rock band. Members also went on to be in Collosamite and The Mars Volta. These guys go hand in hand with Big'N, Oxes, Don Caballero, and Lustre King.

Intronaut - The Challenger
By now you know that we have a possibly unhealthy love for Intronaut. We have a side project with Sacha, he does guest vocals on our full length and Joe plays bass on our new EP.(pre-orders available at sawherghost.net) The 3 studio recorded songs on this EP are possibly my favorites of their entire catalog.

Keelhaul - II
I've acquired a huge amount of new music in the last couple of months and this is another band I've been hearing about forever but never actually heard until now. These guys kick some serious ass.

Ulcerate - Everything is Fire
Got this suggestion from the Blogronaut's year end list. I don't even know where to start with this one. Lots of people seem to be talking about these guys lately and for a good reason, they fuckin' slay!

Derek

No comments: