1.03.2010

Bike training pt. 1

Here it is, as promised, a blog of my bicycle training inspired by Aaron Harris of Isis' similar blog. My first training goal is Aaron's 100 mile ride.
I currently ride about 75 miles per week to and from work and now that the holidays are over I can get back to these longer Sunday training rides.

I ride a fixed gear Surly Steamroller with front brake and I wear a helmet. my gear ratio is 47 X 16. I'll post a pic of me and the bike next ride.



Jan. 3, 2010 - 40 miles - 3 hours (includes two 15 min breaks)

Food -
Before the ride I had a chocolate croissant and small cup of coffee. On the bike I ate one cashew cookie Larabar and one almond, black cherry cliff bar. I have a water bottle that I refill along the path, I think I refilled it 3 times.

Music -
The Faceless - Planetary Duality
I've been listening to this record non stop for about 4 weeks.

Gorguts - Obscura
I never heard this band until very recently. I can't wait to hear what these guys sound like with Colin and Kevin from Dysrhythmia. Brutal doesn't even begin to describe how they sound

Hurt Model
- This Is You
We played our first show with these guys back in August 2006 and have played many more since. Back then they were a duo and the addition of a bass player has done them very well, he even plays cello on a track. (James- We'll be hitting you up to play some cello for us one of these days)

Russian Circles
- Geneva
Another band I never heard until very recently. All I know about these guys is the drummer was is Riddle of Steel at one time and that Geneva and Enter are my favorites.

Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
My favorite PD record. J. R. Hayes has the best scream in metal period.

by: Derek

No comments: